Hi, I am Brittney and I am a day / night receptionist at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam, to give you a good idea of what this job at the Front Office looks like I would like to take you on a journey through my day.
The best thing about my job is the culture. Of course, I also have to check in, check out, check credit cards and bring extra towels to rooms, but luckily I don’t have to do that anymore in the traditional reception way with just Mr., Mrs. and “U”. At Hotel Jakarta we want to be hospitable and relieve our guests, but at the same time we are approachable, open and spontaneous. I can be myself (to a certain extent;)) and because we provide service in our own natural way, not only we but also our guests have more fun.
In this position, night shifts are also included, not normally the most popular shift, but instead of being busy with night audits and reports I am busy giving extra attention to our VIPs and preparing the arrivals. Hereby I make an inventory for the TD, Housekeeping, breakfast and all other departments. The advantage of this is that the team that works at night is the same team that works during the day, so everyone is aware of everything and we can keep the service level high.
Finally, it is just really very nice that our guests come in and become happy and cheerful in advance from our hotel and especially the sub-tropical garden. We only need to provide service at the reception and have fun with our guests to complete the experience!
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- Work experience in this position is not essential, because we enjoy teaching you the profession. We do, however, expect an open, spontaneous and hospitable attitude.
- You don't mind working irregular shifts, so you are a "morning / day / evening person".
- You speak English fluently, knowledge of a second and / or third language is an advantage.
- You always ensure that you appear representative, you can only make the first impression with a guest once.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- A challenging and varied position in a pleasant and collegial working environment in a growing hotel group.
- A timely salary in accordance with the collective labor agreement standards, you also build up vacation hours and vacation pay.
- In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more great things, such as: sleeping with a discount at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam or one of the other WestCord hotels // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainster // a employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- Sustainable work clothing provided by the employer, designed by the fashion label By Rockland | HACKED by.
- Working at Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging due to the many career opportunities, the innovative developments within the hotel and the informal atmosphere with fantastic colleagues!