Hi, I’m Brittney and I’m a day/night receptionist at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. WLuckily the hotel is become more and more busy and therefore we could use extra help from new colleagues at our Front office! To give you a good idea of what this job at the Front Office looks like, I would like to take you on a journey through my day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the culture. In hotel Jakarta we want to be happy and unburden our guests, but we are approachable, open and spontaneous. I am allowed to own (to a certain extent ;)) and have fun to our own natural way service not only we, but also our guests more.
This position also includes night shifts, normally not the most popular shift, but instead of doing night audits and reporting, I am working on paying extra attention to our VIPs and preparing the arrivals. I make an inventory for the TD Housekeeping, breakfast and all other departments. The advantage of this is that the team that works everywhere at night is the same team that works during the day and we can keep the service level.
Finally, it’s just really nice that our guests come in and are already happy and cheerful from our hotel and especially the subtropical garden. All we have to do at reception is service and have fun with our guests to complete the experience!
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- Work experience in this position is not essential, we like to teach you the trade. We do expect an open, spontaneous and hospitable attitude.
- You are available fulltime.
- You don’t mind working irregular shifts, so you are a ‘morning/day/evening person’.
- You speak fluent English, command of a second and/or third language is an advantage.
- You always ensure that you are presentable, you can only make the first impression on a guest once
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- Growth power: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop and grow;
- Reliability: Salary always on time according to the collective labor agreement standards, you also build up holiday hours and holiday pay;
- 30/30 Member: In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more cool things for all members, such as: €30 per night in our hotels // 30% discount on WestCord products // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainer // an employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location;
- Working at the Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging for me because of the hotel with a lot of charm and challenges;
- My fantastic colleagues really make me feel ‘part of the family’!
Herken je jezelf in deze omschrijving? Verbind je met het groenste hotel van Nederland:
Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam
Een historische plek met herinneringen aan ‘de Oost’… Op de kop van het Java-eiland in Amsterdam waar ooit duizenden reizigers naar Nederlands-Indië vertrokken, staat nu een bijzonder duurzaam gebouw met een spectaculaire architectuur: Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam, de nieuwste aanwinst van WestCord Hotels. De wieg van de hotelgroep staat op Vlieland waar in 1968 Hotel de Wadden opende. Inmiddels telt WestCord 15 unieke hotels waaronder nog twee bijzondere locaties met een link naar het stoomvaartverleden van Nederland: het ss Rotterdam en Hotel New York in Rotterdam. Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam is open sinds juni 2018.
Kom je werken op deze bijzondere plek en in dit unieke hotel?