I am Christine, Housekeeping manager of City Center and I have been working at this hotel for 5 years. My work is extremely challenging, diverse and I work very closely with my Housekeeping colleagues but also with all my other colleagues from other departments. WestCord City Center is a 3 star hotel located in a central location in Amsterdam, 5 minutes away from the Kalverstraat, Dam Square and Central Station. I am looking for both full-time and part-time colleagues for our Housekeeping team.
You are mainly deployed in the rooms. this means that we get the rooms completely spotless again. A guest should think that this room has never been rented out and the bed has not been slept in before. If we can get this done, we’ve done a good job.
Sometimes you work the night shift, together we clean the public areas. The toilets are also part of this.
Easy? No definitely not! It’s hard work, but luckily we have a lot of fun together, so the day always flies by.
What makes you a perfect colleague?
What makes you our new colleague?
- English is the official language in our team, it is important that you speak this language well;
- Is your alarm clock working properly? On weekdays it is possible that you are already on the schedule at 6.00 am, you will then work until approximately 2 pm. Sleeping in on the weekend? Unfortunately… then the first shift starts at 07:00;
- You are ready to work hard within an ambitious team;
- Flexible employability is not only expected from you, but also from me. We would prefer that you be ready for City Center 7 days a week 24 hours a day, it is no surprise that this will not work. It is nice if you can work a number of days during the week and at least 1 day at the weekend;
- Working independently is important, but you must also be able to perform in a team;
- You are willing to work at least 3 nights a month.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- Growth power: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop and grow.
- Reliability: Salary always on time according to the collective labor agreement standards, in addition, you also accrue holiday hours and holiday pay.
- 30/30 Member: In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more cool things for all members, such as: €30 per night in our hotels // 30% discount on WestCord products // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainer // an employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- A communal lunch every day, delicious coffee and lots of fruit. A good time to catch up with your colleagues.
- Working at the Fashion Hotel remains interesting and challenging because of the hotel with a lot of charm and challenges. You really are part of the family!
- Free parking at the hotel.
- Do you have the WestCord DNA in you?! Our goal is to make you feel ‘part of the family’!
Over WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is een Nederlands familiebedrijf dat al meer dan 50 jaar bestaat. Vanuit het allereerste hotel, Hotel de Wadden op Vlieland is het bedrijf gegroeid. Inmiddels telt de groep 15 hotels verspreid over heel Nederland. Waaronder een aantal iconische hotels, zoals Hotel New York Rotterdam, het ss Rotterdam en Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.
Wij zijn pas tevreden als we tevreden gasten hebben en daar is alles op gericht!
Betrokken, oprecht, persoonlijk en stoer. Dat is waar WestCord Hotels voor staat. Word jij onze nieuwe collega? Laat dan hieronder jouw gegevens achter en we nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op. Óf solliciteer via Whatsapp (geef dan wel even aan voor welke functie je solliciteert).