Hi, my name is Diego and since September I have been a trainee cook at Café Jakarta in Amsterdam. And I have certainly learned a lot in Café Jakarta. It was quite difficult at the beginning, because I could not cook normal white rice according to my Indonesian kitchen colleagues and I knew a lot that a satay only has to weigh 35 grams instead of 180 grams. But thanks to a lot of help and the opportunities to get to know Indonesian cuisine, I have recently started making my own rendang and nasi kuning at home. Indonesian cooking is really different in everything from European, but precisely because I get to know and taste two different styles with our French chef and Javanese sous-chef, I can learn so much here. It is hard work and I have to be at my best every day, but there are almost no restaurants where you get to know as many recipes, tastes and ingredients as in Café Jakarta! In other words, a super fun internship, where you learn a lot as a cook!
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- You are eager to learn, enthusiastic and dare to ask!
- You like it to have a lot of variety in tasks.
- Quality is our magic word.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- A challenging and varied position in a pleasant and collegial working environment in a growing hotel group.
- Of course an internship allowance.
- In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more great things, such as: sleeping with a discount at Hotel Jakarta or one of the other WestCord hotels // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainster // a employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- Sustainable work clothing provided by the employer, designed by the fashion label By Rockland | HACKED by.
- Working at Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging for me, among other things, due to the many career opportunities, the innovative developments within the hotel and the informal atmosphere with my fantastic colleagues!