What does a day in our department look like? The day starts with breakfast in Café Jakarta for our hotel guests. While breakfast is running, the doors at the bakery also open and the first banqueting guests are coming in. As a trainee in this position it is important to know on how many guests we expect for breakfast and in the halls. You discuss the morning with our colleagues in the bakery to ensure that the break-outs will take place at the correct times. Together with the morning supervisor you go through the lunch reservations, these are not only restaurant guests but also guests from the meeting rooms. You have a supervisory role in this.
In addition to operational responsibilities, you are also busy with inventory management and orders. Every day, products arrive that have to be distributed between all our outlets, it is important to keep an eye on whether there is sufficient stock and that the warehouse remains tidy.
In the meantime, the evening starts and dinner preparations begin. At the same time Malabar opens and it is also sometimes the case that events are organized here, this too falls under your responsibilities.
You are of course not present at the hotel 24/7. As an F&B management intern, you are aware of all current affairs and you communicate with the right colleagues in our department. The goal is to ensure that all activities run smoothly.
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- You follow a relevant Hospitality Management HBO-level education.
- Irregular services are no problem for you, the crowds with us are when other people are free.
- You are a team player, you are decisive and hands-on. You also enjoy motivating and encouraging your colleagues.
- You can keep a good overview and set priorities.
- Just like me, you have a passion for F&B.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- A challenging, educational and varied internship in a pleasant and collegial working environment in a growing hotel chain.
- In addition to internship compensation, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more great things, such as: sleeping with a discount at Hotel Jakarta or one of the other WestCord hotels // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainster // an employee bonus when you bring in a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- An internship at Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging for you, among other things, due to the many career opportunities, the innovative developments within the hotel and the informal atmosphere with my fantastic colleagues!