Are you a real nocturnal animal? Anyone with experience in the hotel industry? Are you guest-oriented, representative, independent, and do you have knowledge of foreign languages? Then we are looking for you!
With your spontaneous smile you are the face of the reception and you ensure that our guests can find a reliable and decisive point of contact in the hotel at all times.
You like variety and are looking for a part-time job? Then this position is for you. Checking guests in and out, answering the phone, walking around in and around the hotel and preparing the breakfast buffet. These will include the various tasks that you will be involved in. You also ensure that a transfer is written for your colleagues so that they are aware of everything. Still excited to be a night porter at City Center? Respond immediately!
Are you ready to embark on a new adventure?
Tasks and responsibilities
- Receiving and checking in and out of guests;
- You are an all-round contact person during the night & provide the necessary information to guests;
- Walking a security round at night;
- Ensure adequate handling of special situations such as fire alarms;
- As a night porter you check the administration of the day and prepare for the next day;
- You handle the incoming calls and take care of the wake up calls & note messages and/or comments from guests;
- Prepare breakfast buffet so that your colleagues from the early shift can receive guests there immediately;
- You are also not unfamiliar with small cleaning tasks;
- Ensure a clear and orderly handover for the next shift.
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- You are a pleasant, serious colleague who likes to add to our team 6 to 8 nights a month;
- You are able to make genuine contact with the guest;
- You are creative and think in possibilities;
- You can work independently and are not afraid to take responsibility for the hotel during your shift. There will be services that you only stand your ground and you don't turn your hand for that!
- Administratively you are strong – you don't have to make huge spreadsheets, but working with the computer is fine;
- You like the occasional shift during the day, to get to know the team and to gain knowledge and experience on 'the day';
- You live in (near) Amsterdam, where you can start on time 7 days a week and come home safely;
- Think proactively in improving both the process and the product!
- Good command of the Dutch and English language!
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- Growth power: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop and grow.
- Reliability: Salary always on time according to the collective labor agreement standards, in addition, you also accrue holiday hours and holiday pay.
- 30/30 Member: In addition to the salary, which is always paid on time, WestCord Hotels offers even more cool things for all members, such as: €30 per night in our hotels // 30% discount on WestCord products // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainer // an employee bonus when you nominate a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- A communal lunch every day, delicious coffee and lots of fruit. A good time to catch up with your colleagues.
- Working at the Fashion Hotel remains interesting and challenging because of the hotel with a lot of charm and challenges. You really are part of the family!
- Free parking at the hotel.
- Do you have the WestCord DNA in you?! Our goal is to make you feel ‘part of the family’!
Over WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is een Nederlands familiebedrijf dat al meer dan 50 jaar bestaat. Vanuit het allereerste hotel, Hotel de Wadden op Vlieland is het bedrijf gegroeid. Inmiddels telt de groep 15 hotels verspreid over heel Nederland. Waaronder een aantal iconische hotels, zoals Hotel New York Rotterdam, het ss Rotterdam en Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.
Wij zijn pas tevreden als we tevreden gasten hebben en daar is alles op gericht!
Betrokken, oprecht, persoonlijk en stoer. Dat is waar WestCord Hotels voor staat. Word jij onze nieuwe collega? Laat dan hieronder jouw gegevens achter en we nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op. Óf solliciteer via Whatsapp (geef dan wel even aan voor welke functie je solliciteert).