I am Sanne, I am currently doing an internship in Café Jakarta. What does my day look like?One day I have a morning shift I start my shift with breakfast. I ensure that the buffet is always replenished and I clean the tables that have already been used. When breakfast is over we will be divided into two teams, one team will clean up the breakfast and will do the mise-en-place for the next morning. The other team will prepare the restaurant for lunch. During the day, groups can come for lunch and have meetings or meetings in our meeting rooms. Together with my colleagues, we ensure that guests can get to the table on time and that everything is covered as agreed.
Sometimes these groups would like to have a drink at the end of the day, for example in our Malabar. If I have a late shift, I am sometimes deployed there to serve drinks and snacks.
Café Jakarta is the running engine of our F&B department. The “Two Worlds Connected” concept of Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam can also be tasted here. During my internship I learned a lot about Indian and International cuisine, we think product knowledge is important.
During my internship my passion for F&B has only grown, this motivates me to further develop myself in the hospitality industry.
Everyone who works at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam or does an internship is an ambassador for the hotel. I am responsible that all guests have a great experience. I do this by advising the guests about our dishes and the facilities that we offer.
Another responsibility I have received is placing orders and ensuring that all products are in stock.
What makes you a perfect colleague?
- You follow a relevant guest-oriented Secondary vocational education.
- Irregular shifts are no problem for you, with us it is busiest when other people are free.
- Little experience in service? That's no problem! We believe commitment and motivation are more important.
- You enjoy working in a large and close team with different cultural backgrounds.
What does WestCord Hotels offer you?
- A challenging and varied position in a pleasant and collegial working environment in a growing hotel group.
- Of course an internship allowance.
- WestCord Hotels offers even more great things, such as: sleeping with a discount at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam or one of the other WestCord hotels // travel allowance // internal training from our own Hospitality trainer // an employee bonus when you bring in a new colleague // a large staff party every year at a great location.
- Sustainable work clothing provided by the employer, designed by the fashion label By Rockland | HACKED by.
- Working at Hotel Jakarta remains interesting and challenging for me, among other things, due to the many career opportunities, the innovative developments within the hotel and the informal atmosphere with my fantastic colleagues!